Saturday, January 18, 2014

Real Betis vs. Real Madrid


After lunch on Friday, our señora doesn't make food until Sunday for dinner, therefore, we have to go out and walk around town in order to find good food, which is like trying to find starbucks in any city.  The picture above is the first breakfast and surprisingly the first food bought while in Seville.  I can get used to eating this kind of food for only $7.  Our morning was pretty boring but the fun began at noon when we met the rest of the students in the SAIIE program to head to the Real Betis game.  The walk took us about 30-35 minutes, although this was a long walk, our excitement kept us going.  That feeling of excitment quickly disappeared when we walked up to the ticket booth.


As the group of 19 of us approached the ticket booth wondering where to sit and hoping we could get seats close to each other, suddenly the security guard to our right said that there were no more tickets unless you were willing to pay 60-90 Euros.  Even though Real Madrid was playing, that is way too much.  Most of the students immediatly left in order to find some restaurant to eat and watch the game.  My roommate, Chris, another student, and I decided we were going to try and buy some tickets off of fans around the stadium.  We got tickets for 35 Euros but noticed once we got the tickets that it said "infantil" on them, which means infants.  Once we looked up to ask the guy about the ticket he and his friend disappeared.  We thought for sure that we got ripped off but we had the tickets and were going to try anyways.  The door to enter the stadium was all the way on the other side of the stadium and as we were walking toward it, I had this disheartening feeling that we weren't going to get in.  I scanned my ticket, then the ticket officer ripped off a piece of it, then said vale (ok).  Somehow my roommate and I were able to get these seats (look above) saying that we were infants.  The game itself was unbelievable, the Real Betis fans were singing and chanting until the five minute mark, when Cristiano Ronaldo had this amazing shot from about 25 yards out to fly into the top corner.  Gareth Bale, shortly after that scored a free kick and all of a sudden the fans started booing their own goalie.  Goal after goal after goal, the final score ended up 5-0 Real Madrid.  I guess I should have picked a better team to support, seeing that Real Betis is currently in last place.  Below is the link to the highlights of the game and trust me I will be attending more games hopefully without so much bargaining but I guess I should start working on my bargaining skills in spanish.  ¡Nos Vemos!

Link:   http://www.footytube.com/video/real-betis-0-5-real-madrid-all-goals-18-01-ourmatch-net-251117?ref=wv_relbox

(Just copy and paste)






No comments:

Post a Comment