Sunday, January 19, 2014

Last Day of Rest


Sunday is definitely a day of rest in the city of Seville.  My roommate and I walked around trying to find somwhere to eat breakfast, luckily both of us our content to have a cup of coffee and some toast, yes more bread.  After breakfast, we noticed that these futsal coarts were full with some kind of league that happens every Sunday.  Unfortunately, it is not something you can just hop on and play but it was fun to watch some locals play.  I would never want to be a goalie, especially on this concrete field but that didn't stop the goalies from diving and sliding.  Each time they did, I cringed and wondered why that would be the option.  Nothing was really planned for today but the weather was beautiful especially when the afternoon came.  The wind died down and just begged you to go out and walk around.  Luckily for you guys, the camera was out and snapping pictures left and right.



The pictures above are of the Catedral y Geralda.  I happened to eat lunch right next to this Gothic cathedral today.  I wish I could tell you more about it but that might have to come later on in the semester, but trust me I will learn its importance because of the monument art class I am taking this semester.  I walked around the city after lunch but nothing was open so I decided to take full advantage of la siesta back at the house.  My roommate and I went to this English bar called O'neals to watch the Manchester United vs. Chelsea game.  It was fun to be able to have a beer and watch the game with everyone in the area, but what was not fun was the outcome of the game.  Fortunately, for you guys I won't dwell on how terrible Manchester United are doing this year.  Tonight, Charo, our señora, cooks dinner for us and I am super excited.  She usually prepares this unbelievable meal that I am forced to eat more than can fit my stomach.  Tomorrow, classes start up and my first class is at 8am.  This coming week will definitely be nice just so I can get some kind of structure and schedule while I am here.  Every day since I have been here, there has been something new to write about but I have a feeling that the blog entries will slowly turn into weekly intervals or at least till something new happens, which will most likely be every weekend.  Until tomorrow, ¡Hasta Luego!



No comments:

Post a Comment