Monday, January 20, 2014

First day of Classes


First day of classes are done and the first set of homework was issued, vacation time is over and it looks like this semester is going to be hard.  Today, I have an early morning spanish class and then two business classes later on in the morning.  Monday and Wednesday are definitely my hardest days for school but fortunately, I am done at 3pm so the rest of the day is open to studying.  The picture above has nothing to do with my classes at all but this is called the Toro de Oro and it is located right along the river.  Not quite sure its significance but maybe my class tomorrow will tell me that, Art Monuments.  Many of my teachers have said that time flies and so don't waste a single day.  This afternoon I was going through my calender and seeing the trips that I might take this semester and those teachers are absolutely right.  Three months seems like a long time but as trips, soccer practice, and classes continue on, weeks will seem like days.      


The picture above is the field where Triana C.F, the semi-pro team I will be playing for this spring, plays and trains.  This new turf field is also home to locals on Monday nights, where pick-up games are played constantly.  The sports director for SAIIE was able to get us in with these group of guys that play every Monday night at 9:30, unfortunately you have to rent the field out so there is a fee to play but all the guys are very nice and fun to play with. Although it was great to get my foot on the ball, real practice starts tomorrow at 8:30pm.  I am very excited for the opportunity to play with such a great team.  The director of SAIIE said that this team has produced some players that have later on played professionally for Sevilla.  This will be a good test to see where I stand with some of the best spanish players.  I will be sure to go into depth about the soccer tomorrow!  Until then, ¡Nos Vemos!

No comments:

Post a Comment