Sunday, April 6, 2014

Save the Best for Last


An exciting second to last week spent in Sevilla.  On Monday, the two other students involved in the soccer program and I were able to visit a practice of one of the local professional teams, Sevilla FC.  Currently in their season, they are playing about two to three games a week so the practices are only in order to get their foot on the ball and stretch out the legs, nothing more.  The practice was boring to watch because you could tell that there wasn't a lot of desire to go hard in practice but it was awesome to take some pictures with some pro players that drove out.  The guy in the picture above, is currently the starting center mid captain called, Ivan Rakitic.  Obviously, he was as thrilled as I was to take a picture. The rest of the week was filled with classes and soccer.  This coming week I should have my last soccer game of the semester, which will be a nice sending off and hopefully it will go as well as the last game.  
  This week is the last week of classes.  Amazing how time flew by, you all are probably thinking that you just started reading this blog a couple weeks ago, maybe you did, but the times and experiences have been something I will carry with me the rest of my life.  Today,  I walked around Sevilla truly thinking that this is considered my city, a place where I could give people directions if they needed it.  Today, also marked the start of some very warm weather, it has been great all spring but today it was close to the lower 80's.  I took full opportunity of basking in the sun and watching some local soccer.  This week is going to be one of the best weeks because of everything planned.  Tuesday, hopefully we have our soccer game.  Thursday, my roommate and I have tickets to go see a Europa game against Sevilla FC and FC Porto.  Friday, our flight to the Canary Islands takes off and the start of our surf camp begins on Saturday.  Money well spent I would say.  Seeing that I will be in the Canaries next Sunday, most likely hitting the gnarly surf, I will not be able to update you all on my travels but don't worry when I get back I will have pictures and information regarding the amazing week.  I am missing home and the states, although I love it here I am definitely going to be excited to return home.  I also hope that everything goes smoothly with my sister and my soon to be nephew or niece.  I have no doubt that everything will be perfect and a new member of the family will be with us next week.  I want to thank everyone that has been keeping up with my blog and my life in Spain.  She might not like this, but I want to thank my girlfriend, Becky Sease, for being very supportive and patient with the means of communication while I've been here.  It has been difficult but in about a month she will be here in Spain traveling Europe with me and all the patience will soon pay off.
   Until next week, ¡Adios!
Not sure whether I posted this or not yet but I really liked it,
"Imagine all the people in the world living life in peace"

No comments:

Post a Comment